Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 19, 2004

I went to a party in Oakland on Friday, and woke up feeling really run down on Saturday. I only had 1.5 manhattans because I was driving, but now I'm thinking I might have picked up a flu bug of some sort.

Not to let illness mess up my weekend, I took a shower and headed off to the San Francisco International Art Exposition. If I had the money to do it, I could have bought myself a Chagall, a Picasso drawing, a David Hockney painting, or an Andy Warhol or two.

One gallery was even selling a polaroid picture that Andy Warhol took of Maria Shriver, in her younger days. I'm like whatever.

There were representatives there on Saturday morning from Bay Area museums on shopping sprees, and if there were stars and famous people there, and I'm sure there were, I didn't recognize any of them.

It was fun to check out what the commercial galleries were showing, and there were several galleries from New York, as well as galleries from Charlotte, Chicago, Houston, Moscow and Seoul Korea.

Some of the work coming out of Korea was really, really cool. One artist named Sung Tae Park worked in wire mesh, and showed horses sculpted out of wire running along a wall. The artist did the same thing with a wire mesh curtain panels sculpted into the shape of babies at the end. Very, very interesting stuff.

Aside from the famous stuff, the only other artist I really liked was David Bates, from the DC Moore Gallery in New York. I particularly liked a piece he did called Oranges. The paint was very lush and textured, and I loved his orange colours which reminded me a little of how Cezanne does his orange colours.

No comments: