Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 05, 2004

I finished reading "Golf in the Kingdom". Golf software guy, the one that got away, would have been proud of me. Besides being an art director for golf software games, he was an avid golfer. The boy golfed at least three times a week, usually with other execs from work. Must be nice!

I'm not a golfer, but it's fun to read these books because the writers talk about mysticism and hinduism and try and relate it to the game of golf. Michael Murphy even went to stay at Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry India. My meditation teacher lived and studied at the Aurobindo ashram, so there's that connection there.

I can't imagine Krishna playing golf though, can you? Shiva maybe, even Rama and Hanuman, but not Krishna, no way. Why would he play golf with the boys when he could be out playing his flute and hanging out with those Gopi girls and being the blue god of love?

Golf is a good game for guys. It gives them a hobby and something to do on the weekends without you, and they can hang with the fellas and have male bonding time. And all the best hotels have golf courses, so you end up staying at some really nice places. Golf software guy's favourite vacation spot was The Inn at Spanish Bay.

No comments: