Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 12, 2004

The following is from an article in the NY Times on classic alternative rock programming: "It is only natural to introduce a classic alternative format because people are usually most excited about the music they heard as teenagers, said Don Yates, the music director at Seattle's KEXP-FM."

This is where I guess I'm not not like most people. I mean, sure I love listening to music from my youth, but not all the time. It's fun to listen to music from college and even high school, because then the memories start and you can relive your youth.

But after awhile, I start to wonder if why I'm doing that. My best glory days aren't behind me, they're ahead of me always. Sure the past was fun, but it was also sometimes very painful. I like the present and the future much, much better. It's unexplored, it's new, and that's exciting. Besides too much nostalgia makes me feel ancient and used up, and who wants to feel that way.

So I listen to the new music and create new glory day memories every year, and no matter what the radio is playing I'm totally loving it.

No comments: