Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, January 17, 2004

I was listening to a friend of mine tonight, who thinks I'm crazy for listening to conspiracy radio, regurgitate Bush bashing rhetoric that I've been hearing since 1999. She kind of got mad at me because I told her she wasn't telling me anything new.

She said "Don't you care?", and I said, "Of course I do, but you're telling me theories and stories that I heard two years ago." I wanted to tell her that it's not my fault that you're just finding out all of this stuff now, but I didn't. I wanted to tell her that all this stuff she's been hearing about Bush has been talked about to death on conspiracy radio since 1999, but I didn't. She was already so mad at me that I'm not outraged more by what's going on.

I don't know. I guess I'm not as outraged as she is because I've had two years to get used to Bush and all that he's doing to the country. And you know what, I'm over it. It's an old story to me.

There are a ton of other things in this world to get outraged about. How about the continuing devaluation of the dollar for one? Or the whispers of there being two currencies in the country - an international dollar to keep the world markets stable and a national dollar that the government can inflate the hell out of?

Or the political turmoil going on in Pakistan? Or the continuing nuclear problem in North Korea where analysts have been predicting for years that the country will be the first to detonate a nuclear device? Or the rumors of an upcoming draft because we need more soldiers?

"Forearmed is forewarned" someone once said. Information is power. Those who have it, use it and react appropriately. Those who are blindsided by information can only be reactive, and when you're reactive you often don't make appropriate decisions.

No comments: