Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I received an invitation last week to attend Gavin Christopher Newsome's mayoral innauguration tomorrow at San Francisco City Hall.

I've been thinking about going only because I've never been to one, and I did do some campaign work for the guy. I wonder besides reporters, what kind of people show up for these things.

I used to hear the Bush voters on talk radio shows say how they disenfranchised they feel because people say Bush is an illegitimate president, and that their vote doesn't count. I never used to feel sorry for those people at all.

Now as Newsome absentee voter I know exactly how those Bush voters feel. Talk about karma! I feel disenfranchised myself because the Gonzo people keep saying how my vote doesn't count and that Newsome and the downtown forces stole the election.

I don't even work in downtown San Francisco, and haven't since 1997, and I'm getting lumped in with the evil downtown forces.

Remember all those serious Clinton bashers? They're getting their political karma now because now we have serious Bush bashers. What goes around comes around.

All this politician bashng .... it's just bad karma, inappropriate, and not right on some level if you're not focusing solely on the issues and you're operating on the level of pure hatred.

What goes around comes around. Bush bashing will end someday, and if and when a demo becomes the president, then it will be GOP's turn to bash.

No comments: