Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I've been doing wall sits since Monday. It's a great exercise to strengthen your thigh and knees. I can't believe I used to be able to hold this position for five minutes.

The legs are the hardest part of the body to workout and get definition, because you're on your feet all day. I have to do a ton of leg exercises to get definition on my legs, and even doing leg presses of 200-300 pounds doesn't help much. If I do weights, I usually like to work my legs until they shake. It's the only way I know I've worked all my muscles.

Here's the basics of the wall sit exercise.

Wall Sit: While standing with your back against the wall, bend your knees allowing yourself to squat. Hold this position for as long as you can. You are working to increase the amount of knee bend up to a seated position and the length of time.

I can do the wall sit for two minutes and fifteen seconds, and after that my legs begin to shake. It's a great way to get rock hard thighs, at least on the front portion. It doesn't do much for your hamstrings though. I'd like to get back up to five minutes.

No comments: