Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

So I received a call at my work number for one of those infamous KPIX Channel 5 telephone survey polls.

The question was what grade would I give soon to be former mayor of San Francisco Willie Brown for his tenure as mayor.

I wanted to give Willie a D, but I gave him a C. The man was a nightmare and practically ruined San Francisco, but the city is still here and although bruised and damaged, it's still alive and kicking.

Willie's biggest damage to the city was his lack of policy or direction during the dotcom boom, but everyone got that one wrong including the media.

People just got greedy, and greedy people don't make intelligent decisions. What's worse, greedy people think the wealth is going to last forever and it never ever does. Money does that 99.9% of people, so in that regard Willie was average and deserved a C grade for running the city by the bay.

No comments: