Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Better news today. I talked to my car dealer, and they will fix the window for free. I am very happy about this, although I was curious to see how my extended warranty works. Oh well. I'm sure there will be a next time.

The bad news. I might not get my car till tomorrow. The only good thing, I guess, is I made sure that when I took this job that I would be able to get here on bus. I always try to make sure that when I get a job where I have to drive to work, that there's a way to get to the job on public transportation. It's the neurotic part of my personality having it's say in my life.

I took the bus this morning, which meant having to get up 45 minutes earlier than I'm used to. I left my apartment at 6:45 am, and walked 7 blocks to the bus top. The bus came at 7 am, and I didn't get to work till 8:20 pm. That's about 1 hour and 15 minutes on two buses.

I could have rented a car, but it only costs me $2.25 each way to get to work, which is way cheaper than renting a car. Secondly, I've been wondering, since I got this job, what it would be like to take the bus to work. Now I know. It's long, but it's really not that bad. It's nice not to drive in rush hour traffic. I read a little, then closed my eyes and fell asleep on both buses. I just hate the fact that it takes so much time. In my car, the drive is half an hour. When I take the bus, the transit time from the time I leave my house to the time I get to work, is 1 hour and 35 minutes. That's 2 hours wasted out of my day. Plus, the bus far is $4.50 a day, which is about the cost of a quarter tank of gas. Taking the bus for a week would cost $22.50, which is more than price of a tank of gas.

But I can't complain, I guess. The car window will be fixed for free, and now I know if I absolutely have to, I can take the bus to work, and other than time and cost, it's really not bad. I think this is a good thing.

No comments: