Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, September 13, 2002

US News and World Report came out with their college rankings,and my alma mater - Grinnell College, came in # 12 for Liberal Arts colleges - Bachelor's degrees, and # 5 for Great Colleges at Great Prices - Liberal Arts colleges. Amherst college ranked # 1 in both categories.

Sometimes I wish I'd gone to a bigger school, with a good sports program. My highschool was really into sports, and it would have fun to be a part of all that at the college level. I did get accepted in Notre Dame, but only applied there to please my parents. My alma mater, Grinnell, has only 1,200 students and sports was not emphasized. I'm glad I went to Grinnell, it was a great, but I do often wonder what going to a top football school would have been like.

No comments: