Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 16, 2002

Speaking of acting roles ... I performed a speech from the play "Steaming" by Nell Dunn, where I played a cockney East End stripper. What a funny role! She was a great character too. And since I studied how to speak in a proper Brit RP and Brit cockney dialect the summer before, I said my speech in cockney. Someone came up to me after the performance and asked me if I grew up in England, since my accent sounded so authentic. What a scream!!! I told my acting coach, and he laughed.

When I was taking singing lesson, one of my singing coaches was english. I told him I could do a pretty good cockney accent, and he dared me to sing my peformance song in cockney for him. After I finished, he fell down on the floor laughing and told me I sounded like his auntie. Scary!!!

No comments: