Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, September 15, 2002

I received an email today which said that my sports take on boxing, was selected to be on Random Blog Quotes. I wonder how they find my blog. Actually, I'm curious as to how anyone finds my blog. The web is this gigundous (love this silly word) thing with as many sites I would imagine, as there are people who surf the net. How anybody finds anyone or anything is amazing to me. I think I even received a comment in portuguese, if I'm not mistaken. That's cool, very cool.

I'm rereading The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. I think I read it as a child, but I don't remember. It seems like one of those books that every child reads. I cried at the end of the first story, when Mowgli gets kicked out the wolf pack. There was something very sad about that, to be kicked out of the only family you have ever known. I mean, Mowgli had some memories of his human family, but they were very vague. The wolves, the panther and the bear were the only family he knew.

I have visions of Mowgli ending up like Christopher Lambert in that movie, Greystoke - The Legend of Tarzan, where he's crazy and missing the jungle. But then again, I can kind of imagine him turning out like George of the Jungle too, or maybe Brendan Frazer in the disney movie. I think I'll just stick to imagining that Mowgli has no future. Rudyard Kipling didn't give him a future outside of The Jungle book, and neither will I. Poor Mr. Kipling is probably rolling over in his grave over what his story has morphed into over the years. I'm not quite sure I blame him either.

No comments: