Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 23, 2002

I just heard on the news that there was an earthquake in London. How scary! Who knew London could get earthquakes? Now they'll know what it's like to live in California.

I'm wondering if I should give up on my blog. I've been messing with it now for about four hours. Talk about major procrastination! I should take that class my screenwriting teacher is leading on Procrastination for Writers. I probably need a class like that right now. My screenwriting teacher wants to meet with me before I start on the second draft of my screenplay. She's offered to hold me to a deadline, so I keep on writing. I should do meet with her, but she said I'd have to pitch my new story.

God, I hate pitching. It's something I know I have to get used to doing, but I hate it. My screenwriting teacher told me that if I want to sell a screenplay, I'm going to have to get really good at pitching so I can do in front on movie executives in Hollywood. Pitching your screenplay is like doing a 90 second sales pitch. It's totally nerve racking.

Part of the reason I'm trying to get back into shape is because when I go to down to Hollywood to pitch my screenplay, I want to feel as self confident as possible. Being the weight I am makes my self confidence go to negative 10. Not even a zero, but a negative 10. The other reason had to do with health. Being heavy was elevating my blood pressure, and now that I've lost some weight, my pressure has gone back to normal. My blood pressure isn't where it used to be, but I had low blood pressure anyway and I would prefer it to be normal. Having low blood pressure presented a whole other set of health problems for me, so I'm praying my pressure stays normal. My resting heart rate or my pulse is low too, hovering about 55. I wonder if that's too low.

I know I want to finish my screenplay before November. I think I'll do that National November Writing Month contest again. You write 50,000 words in 30 days in novel form. That contest was so much fun to do, and is a great exercise in disciplining yourself to write every day. You have to write 1,667 words a day, every day for 30 days, to get to the 50K total. It's exhaustiive, but at the same time so exhilerating. You're doing a 120 page freewrite because you have to keep writing to make your quota. You can't go back and edit. Maybe the NANOWRIMO will snap me out of my procrastination. It's free too!

No comments: