Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 02, 2002

This is karma for you. Steve, the one that got away, listens to Andrea Bocelli. I mean Andrea Bocelli, come on! The guy sings operatic muzak. He's like Michael Bolton, only he's blind and sings in italian. Big deal! I used to look at Steve and wonder how I was going to spend the rest of my life with someone who listens to the italian version of Michael Bolton, who at least doesn't have that hippie long hair do.

I belong to one of those music clubs, and the selection of the month was Luciana Pavarotti singing romantic love songs. I'm thinking that since it's Luciana Pavarotti, the cd will be full of opera solos. The cd arrives in the mail, I put it on, and the first 12 songs are italian love songs. I'm like freaking out! It's like I'm listening to an Andrea Bocelli cd, only it's Luciano Pavarotti singing operatic muzak. The last 8 songs on the cd are opera solos, but the first 12 songs are Dean Martin synthesizer classics. If Steve could see me now he'd laugh, because the cd is actually not that bad. God, I must be getting old if I'm at the age where I can listen to operatic muzak and think it's good music. It's either that, or this is my karma for thinking evil thoughts about Steve's taste in music. He was only 6 years older than me, but he didn't even know who the Cranberries were. I was afraid to tell him that I listened to rap, hip hop, and grungey metal music, and that as my friend Jon has pointed out, I have TRL taste in music. God, no wonder we were never meant to be together. Polar opposite tastes in music.

Speaking of Steve, I had a dream about him this morning before I played my Pavarotti cd. God, I'm so tired of dreaming of the man. I'm like, it's over, it's been over for quit some time, I regret that he got away, but at the same I'm very glad we never ended up together. And the dream was stupid too. In the dream, we were together but then at the end he was telling me that we didn't belong together. I wake up and I'm like, DUH!!! Of course, I know we don't belong together. Get the hell out of my dreams why don't you!!! I hate Steve Ellis dreams!!! They disturb me!

No comments: