Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 16, 2002

I listened to the BBC news on the radio on my way home from work. It comes on at 7 pm here, and the BBC person says it's 2 o'clock GMT. BBC interviewed Richard Peck, a former US ambassador to Iraq. The man sounded like a total idiot. I can't believe they interviewed him. He kept saying that all we wanted to do in the US was to kill Sadam Hussein, and that the government was looking for any excuse to do it. Who is this guy? I can't believe he said on the BBC news. No wonder the rest of the world has bad opinions of the US, when the BBC digs up freaks like this guy to interview. Then he said that he didn't think that Iraq was capable of making biological or chemical weapons. How does this guy know?

They interviewed Richard Butler earlier, the Aussie who used to head the UN inspections team, and he said even when they were doing the inspections earlier the Iraqi government made it difficult for them to do "unfettered" inspections. I remember watching videotape on the news a few years ago, showing Iraqi trucks leaving just as the inspectors were arriving. What a farce!!!

I think that despite this new move by Iraq to allow the UN inspectors back in, that we will go to war with Iraq. This new concession by the Iraqis just moves the time table back. I don't want to the country to go to war. I just don't see the Shrubmeister backing down on this one. I don't trust the Iraqis either. I think we are watching a "wait and see" game by both sides. And what I fear is the american public will be caught in the middle, and we will be an unwilling pawn in this very dangerous game.

No comments: