Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 16, 2002

I'm taking this bible class starting Wednesday from a real bible scholar, the new minister at church, and already I have homework. I received an email, saying that the class should have memorized in order the 66 books of the bible by the second class September 25. I'm like, what did I sign up for? This is just like college. HELP!!! I vowed to myself in college, after I got repeatedly dinged on tests and papers for not knowing the biblical references in literature or in plays, that I would take a bible study class when the opportunity came up. Sometimes, you get what you ask you for, and it totally freaks you out when you get it.

I wonder if he'll test us. God, I hate tests and I've been a straight A student most of my learning life. I bet my class will be full of lawyers. Many of the people in my church are laywers. And half the people who attend my church, have the equivalent if not the equivalent of a divinity degree. I wonder if I'll feel like the village idiot in class, because I'll probably be the only one who isn't a laywer and doesn't have a divinity degree. I can just see arguments in class erupting over bible minutia.

If you really want to study the bible right, you'd probably have to read hebrew (my friend from Paris Francois reads and write hebrew even though he's not jewish) and greek, so you can read the bible in the original text. Maybe even Latin too. This is when I wish I went to an old fashioned private high school, and learned to read greek and latin like my ex-husband.

I'm watching the Redskins/Eagles game, and there was something sprayed on the Philadelphia side, something that felt like burning in your lungs someone said. How scary! In this post 9/11 world, the first thing I thought of was some kind of chemical or biological weapon was unleashed on Monday Night Football. This is so scary!

No comments: