Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, September 08, 2002

The San Francisco Chrnonicle's website no longer has the link to 9/11 stories. If it's there, I can't find it. On the front page of the Sunday San Francisco Chronicle, it said they will publish a 12-page section on Wednesday 9/11/2002 called 9/11 Voices. Perhaps they are no longer taking submissions because they are doing a print version. I'm wondering if they were bombarded with entries.

Now I'm glad my piece got in and will now end up being printed in Wednesday's paper. My meditation teacher was so right. He said when you get a thought that feels like a divine inspiration in your head, you should immediately try to act on it. Divine inspiriation, he used to say, is a gift from god and if you don't act on it, you lose it.

When I first saw the 9/11 stories section on Wednesday, I immediately thought about entering mine. After all, I'd already written up a part of my 9/11 experience on my blog in August. My original blog version was longer than 500 words, so I spent an hour editing it down. Afterwards, I sent it. I think if I had hesitated now, I wouldn't have gotten published on the SF Chron's website, or be published in the Wednesday paper. Somebody up there must be looking out for me, because I'm now going to be part of my paper's, my city's anniversary 9/11 newspaper memorial. This is so cool. I live in a city with a population of about 1 million people, about there's about 9 million people in 9 county SF Bay area Region. My 9/11 experience is going to be part of the area's permanent record of what we did for the anniversary of 9/11. The San Francisco Chroicle also has about 1.3 million readers. It's website SFGate is rated # 6 on the top 10 newspapers sites, says the some org called Media Matrix. And SFGate was 332,000 unique readers everyday. As a writer, when am I ever going to get this kind of distribution.

No comments: