Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, September 14, 2002

My take on the Oscar De La Hoya and Fernando Vargas fight.

De La Hoya is younger, and a strategic fighter. Vargas is older, but he's also a slugger. Vargas hates De La Hoya, and in interviews has called De La Hoya a "Ricki Maritn impersonator". It's a classic case of the smart tactical boxer versus the brash angry slugger.

Like I really know boxing, but if De La Hoya fights a smart fight, he'll win by decision.

Come on, every girl's gotta have a sport take once in awhile. And I actually like watching boxing if it's done well; it's almost like watching a ballet. Besides, I've taken enough aerobic boxing classes to know that what they do in the ring is very difficult. Boxing is a strange sport, watching it is even stranger. But it's so primal. Humans have been fighting mano a mano since forever. When I watch it, I feel like I'm accessing my ancestral past, you know, those ancestral voices. The urge to fight is part of that reptilian brain that we all have. I'm not sure we'll ever be able to ever get away from the urge to fight or watch others fight.

No comments: