Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, September 13, 2002

Musical selection tonight: Legends of the Scottish Fiddle. I love celtic music, especially celtic fiddle music.

Madonna is on the cover my new Vanity Fair for October, dressed in a short sleeved navy blue leather jacket, navy skirt, boots, gloves and with some kind of soldier's cap perched on her head. She looks like she's dressed for a 1940's USO tour.

There's an article on some brit named Philip Pullman, who has supposedly written the next Harry Potter type books. Pullman wrote a trilogy called "The Dark Materials", which the article said is now flying off the shelves and will be published in paperback soon. I should buy his books and read them, since some day I plan to do my own set of young adult fiction books called "The Elf Girl Chronicles."

With that thought, I printed the recommended reading list for grades 6-8 from the California Department of Education. I feel the need to read books that are recommended for the age group I want to write for. There are books on the list I'd never heard of, although I also found some of my favorites from that age like "Julie of the Wolves". I can't believe people are still reading that book.

There are pictures of scenes from the next Harry Potter movie. Kenneth Branagh will play Professor Gileroy Lockhart. He beat out Hugh Grant for the role. I can't imagine Hugh Grant playing the professor of the dark arts.

There's an article on a major Degas exhibit that will open in Detroit this month, and in Philadelphi next February. I love Degas! This maybe an opportunity for a road trip. I haven't been Philly in years! Detroit would be fun to visit also, but it's too soon.

I'm exhausted. It's been a long week. Plus it's that time of the month, which plays strange tricks with my weight. And it was the anniversary of 9/11. Talk about a double whammy square. Thankfully, I have an appointment free weekend. Other than a few errands, I have the whole weekend to myself. YEAH!!! Part of me just wants to sleep most of it away, but I have errands to run. I think it will be very cold this weekend here where I live. What happened to our indian summer? There's some huge bike race on Sunday, which Lance Armstrong will be in. For me it just means that traffic will suck on Sunday, and I should probably take the bus if I have to go anywhere. I look forwards to a restful weekend.

No comments: