Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, September 26, 2002

My sniffles have turned into a sore throat. God, I hate being sick. I took some high power Sudafed this morning, so I can get through the rest of the day. I'm sucking on cough drops on soothe my throat, and of course the package doesn't say how many calories are in each drop. My tummy has been acting up too, which just adds to my misery.

I decided not to exercise until my health is better. Exercising taxes my system further. When I've exercised in the past while sick, my colds have gotten worse. I haven't had a cold in so long, that I can't help but going over the events of the last few days to see what triggered my cold. I usually catch a cold when I don't sleep well, but I haven't had any problems sleeping.

I wonder if the stress of the 9/11 anniversary and of my job instability, has put a strain on my immune system. I was also at a street faire on Sunday before the opera, and at the opera, there were many people coughing. I can just imagine the germs flying through the air for the three hours I was at the opera.

I'll just have to take it easy for the next couple of days and over the weekend. If I can sleep for 12 hours straight, my cold usually goes away. But it's hard to sleep when you wake up coughing, or because your throat is so sore you wake up parched several times a night.

I watched Dragonfly last night. A friend recommended it, and she was right, I liked it. I like stories about the suprernatual, because it makes me wonder if it's true. The ending of the movie was hokey as hell, and probably would have been better if it was based on a true story. I wondered if Dragonfly was based on a true story, but the reviews said it was wasn't. Kevin Costner had some great moments on screen, portraying a man trying to cope with the tragic death of his wife. He had some lines that were so honest about the grief process, and about what the bereaved think about "helpful" people who try to help them out of their grief. I'm glad I saw the movie, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

No comments: