Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, September 18, 2002

I've been discussing, on my writing group's yahoo board, about the feedback I received from my screenwriting teacher. My writing group is saying that I should just stick to my story. Below is my response to a member of my writing group.

"You're right, I just need to stay with what I want my screenplay to be about, and I do want it to be about an adult child dealing with a dying father, a father the child has hated since childhood. That's the essence of my story. The brother sideline story is extra and so is baseball actually. I only made it about baseball players, because I got the idea for the story while wathcing the Oakland A's whack the Yankees in NYC for Game 4 of the 2000 ACLS. Plus baseball seemed the perfect background for exploring the father/child relationship from the male perspective, since I've always wondered if boys are closer to their fathers than daughters just because of the sports thing."

No comments: