Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, September 11, 2002

I had a somewhat horrific day. My boss and I were supposed to have a meeting at around 1:00 pm, but his previous appointment lasted util 3:30 pm. I decided not to eat, since I was craving junk food and didn't want to go into my meeting smelling like a burger and fries. When he finally stopped by my office, he said he has to go because of the Bay Bridge traffic and that we'd talk later. I'm like, whatever. So I didn't end up eating till 4 pm, and I think I let myself go too long without food because I now I have a really bad headache. I don't know if I waited too long to eat, or it's that disgusting charbroiled bbq sandwich I had a Carl's Jr. I thought I'd try just to see what it tasted like, and it was really gross. But I was so hungry, I ate it anyway. The bbq sauce was sickly sweet, and so full of chemicals, which are probably now swirling through my bloodstream and giving me a pounding headache.

I think I am just stressed out by the whole 9/11 thing. I listened to the radio all day, and it all 9/11 all the time. I didn't mind it at first, but by the end of the day it was so depressing. I feel really numb right now, and it reminds me of how I felt a year ago today. Maybe that's what all this 9/11 anniversary stuff is supposed to do to you; bombard you with all the news, that you feel exactly how you felt a year ago - numb, upset and depressed. I was even sort of missing watching that videotape of those people who were celebrating the bombing by burning an american flag, you know the one TV showed over and over again, you know just to be the exact feeling right. But then as I was radio channel surfing in my car on the way home I came across some foreign accented woman on KPFA going on and on about how bad we Americans are, and all of a sudden the way I felt a year ago on 9/11 was complete, including the anger I felt at the insensitivity of KPFA on a day of national mourning.

God, I detest KPFA!!! They are the reason many people hate liberals. They are so caught up in their do gooder self-righteous, holier than thou, Harvard liberal, we know better than you Mr and Ms idiot on the streets of america because we went to Berserkley and we're smarter than you, that they lose whatever human connection they have to the very people they're trying to help, trying to champion. KPFA and their guests get so caught up in their impractical political ideology, that they forget that people with feelings, people with emotions, people who loved ones who died on 9/11 or whose loved one died in war on Afghanistan might be listening to their shows.

Honestly if foreigners hate our country so much, then why don't they refuse the billions of dollars of aid we send them. I mean that's the right thing to do, if these people had an integrity. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Some of these countries would have been wiped off the face of the earth, if it wasn't for the good ole US of A. If foreigners hate us so much, why do they want to be interviewed by our media? Why do they want to appear on our television, our radio programs? I just don't understand their rationale. If I hated a country so badly, I wouldn't have anything to do with them.

What's ironic to me, is that the rest of the world may have caught the american disease of whining. Which means if they have caught the whining disease, then these foreigners who are on talk shows and tv programs talking about why they hate america so much are like those people who get on Jerry Springer's show, or Maury Povich's show, or Sally Jesse Raphael's show, or whatever else sleazy talk show host is out there in tv land. And if this is true, we should then think about these foreigners in the same vein as we do the people who appear on sleazy talk shows. These foreigners are people who we shouldn't pay attention to, except as a source of amusement and derision.

Can you tell I'm in an angry and bad mood today???

No comments: