Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 10, 2002

I'm working tomorrow on the 9/11 anniversary. It seemed like a good idea to be at work, to let those evil terrorists know that they didn't destroy, could never ever destroy this country. In hindsight, I made a good decision. Knowing myself, I would have just stayed home and watched TV all day, then gotten severely depressed about what I'd seen.

I'll go to work like it's a normal day. Maybe I'll even eat out and have a light dinner, just to see what's that like. It might good for me to not eat soup every day, like I've been doing. Although I had my favourite soup today, Progresso Manhattan Clam Chowder. I've loved this soup forever! I thought it would be really fattening, but it's only 220 calories for two cups with 2 grams of fat per cup. YEAH!!! I think this may be the start of a manhattan clam chowder soup binge.

I'll go to my church's 9/11 service at 7 pm, then come home and listen the Mozart's Requiem on TV. I wish I could see it live, maybe even listen to my e-buddy Mr. Zaft sing if I lived where he does, but I'll have to make do with watching it on TV. The cd I have, Mozart's Requiem on Deutsche Grammaphon conducted by Leonard Bernstein, is supposed to be the most definitive version.

I did hear Mozart's Requiem in person a few years ago, in a church no less, and even thought about writing a short story about a girl who is in love with Mozart and travels to listen to his music all over the country. She'd be like a travelling dead head, only she's a travelling Mozart head.

My other short story idea was about a 13 year old girl who's very catholic, and whose parents take her to see Mozart's Requiem. She has a quite an imagination, so as she's listening to the concert, she fantasizes about the statues in the church coming to live, all the statues. I love the gothic horror of the story. I still have nighmares about a movie I saw as a child, where gargoyles come to life, fly around and attack and kill people.

When I was in Chicago, there were many buildings there with gargoyles. After all these years, I still half expected those statues to come to life and swoop down on me and kill me. It's fun how your childhood nightmares never seem to leave you.

I think tomorrow will be a solemn and strange day.

No comments: