Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, August 31, 2002

After two weeks on my low calorie eating plan, I've lost seven (7) pounds. Most of this weight I know was water, but it's a great psychological boost to know that the weight is coming off. I spent the morning trying on clothes in my closet that haven't fit for the last year and a half, and some of them actually fit. YEAH!!! I've still got a long way to go, but it's exciting to think that one day I'll be able to wear everything in my closet again.

I was going to go shopping to check out the Labor Day sales, but decided against it. I shouldn't buy any more clothes until I lose weight. I did buy a clearance sweater from both Lands End and LL Bean last night, but my top hasn't varied in sizes in years. I'll always be a large on top, maybe a medium, a big medium, but never a small. Nature has been generous with me with a certain body part, and I'm the size that some women are surgically trying to enhance. When I was younger I swore to myself once, that if I ever made a ton of money, I would get a reduction in size. But as the years have gone by, I've become grateful for nature's generosity. It's better to have something on top, then nothing at all. Besides, some women are dying, literally, to be my size. It would be stupid to give up what a lot of women want.

I'm hoping they do shrink a little, becuse fashion wise, being large on top makes shopping difficult. Whis is odd, if you think about it. The media would have you believe that a lot of women are getting breast implants. But when you shop for women's clothing, the up to the minute fashionable tops you find only really fit well if you're small on top. Unless of course, you're supposed to want to wear your tops snug. But if you wear your tops snug, then you ending looking really huge, and you get alot of unwelcome stares and looks from total strangers. Besides, then it totally looks you're wearing a top which is one size too small. This kind of thinking so doesn't make sense to me.

I found diet cranberry/raspberry juice at Trader Joes. I didn't know they made diet juice. I'll have to check out other stores to see what they have. I don't really drink juice straight. Instead, I flavor my mineral water with juice. Most juice tastes way too sweet for me most of the time. Trader Joes even had chocolate made without sugar, which I bought just to try. I'm curious to know how chocolate made without sugar tastes.

I rented a bunch of movie to watch for the long weekend: Amelie, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and The Big Lebowski. I'll watch them in between cleaning, ironing, exercising and writing. On Monday, a friend and I are going to Ala Carte Ala Park in Golden Gate Park. It's close to home, I can walk there, and there's a band playing that we both like, The Tommy Castro Band. This event will be an eating challenge, because you can buy scrummy gourmet food all day long. I'll have to stick to healthy low calorie choices, although I don't know if there's such a thing with gourmet food. Plus, I'll stick to a two drink minimum, if I'm drinkng beer and, 3-4 drink minimum, if I'm drinking wine. And then, red wine only. I can drink more wine, because it's served in 4 oz portion, unlike beer or bottled beer which comes in a larger size.

Actually, eating low calorie hasn't been too bad. I just have to really be aware of what I'm eating, and not mindlessly eat, which is what I think I've been doing for the last four years. I'm realizing that mindlessly eating for me, has probably been the sole cause of my weight gain. Ironic to realize this too, since I like to think I'm an aware person. I love how I've fooled myself into thinking I'm an aware person. I wonder what other areas of my life have suffered from my mindlessness.

No comments: