Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 07, 2002

10 at 10 from 1982, heard last night on KFOG during my workout.

1. Bill Nelson - Flaming Desire
2. Flock of Seagulls - I Ran
3. Alan Parsons Project - Psychobabble
4. Jon Anderson - All in a Matter of Time
5. XTC - Senses Working Overtime
6. Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
7. Huey Lewis & the News - Workin' For a Livin'
8. Men at Work - Overkill
9. English Beat - Save it for Later
10. Split Enz - Six Months in a Leaky Boat

So many memories from that year. I forgot how much I loved the song "Senses Working Overtime". I'll have to figure out how to get it. I haven't heard Psychobabble since I was with Paul, my dead exboyfriend. Every time I hear a song I associate with him, I feel like I'm getting a "Paul haunting". Groups associated with Paul: Pink Floyd, Jesus Jones, Guns N Roses, 4 Non Blondes, Joe Walsh, The Grateful Dead, and the Wish album by The Cure. Other groups too but I can't remember them all. Only know I'm having a "Paul haunting" when I hear the song. I think I owned A Flock of Seaguls album. Whenever I hear "I Ran", I think of that summer I spent in San Diego being a nanny to my two nephews. I poddy trained my nephew Brandon and he grew up to be such a sweet young man. I still love The English Beat and wished they were still making hits. You can't find a good ska band or record anywhere. I heard a good ska band once at Miss Pearl's Jam House years ago. My girlfriend and I stood on our chairs and danced and nobody said anything. I guess pretty girls dancing on chairs at a nightclub is always tolerated, no matter how dangerous or how wasted the girls are. The bartender guys just stared at us and smiled as did every other man in the place. I guess we were quite a sight. Dare I admit I used to love Men at Work? My two friends from Australia, Maree who ran her own day care center and Cathy who worked for the government, hated them. They never understood what my attraction to that group was. Maybe it was the singer's voice. I never much cared for Huey Lewis and the News but they did make okay music if you're in that kind of mood. I don't remember who Bill Nelson or Jon Anderson were? I didn't listen to anything except new wave and techno pop and disco. But of course, I totally remembered that Marvin Gaye song. I think I even had sex to that song once. Whatever happend to Split Enz?

No comments: