Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 28, 2002

I have Chopin's Preludes playing right now. I love Chopin. I am in a classical music mood tonight, and will listen to Debussy's Etudes next, then maybe some Beethoven or Mozart. Or, for something completely different, Bryn Terfel's "The Welsh Album". I heard him sing in a Stravinsky opera in 2000, and really liked his voice. Then later before I go to bed, I'll listen to one of my favorite pieces, Chopin's Nocturnes. It's perfect music to listen to late at night.

I was craving junk food this evening, so I went to Burger King. I had a whopper jr without mayo, fries and onion rings. I feel completely stuffed now. I should have just had either fries or onion rings but not both.

I'm bad. In my Palm, I have a list of what I can eat all the fast food restaurants. It's not like I even eat at fast food restaurants all the time either; I probably have a craving for fast food about four times a year. I just needed to know that I could eat at a fast food restaurant if I wanted to. It makes me feel psychologically, that I'm not on any kind of restrictive starvation diet. Never mind that I'm eating 1,000 calories less than I should be eating if I wanted to stay at my current weight, which means that for all practical purposes I am on calorie restrive diet. It's the psychology that counts.

The music stopped, so I put on Debussy's Etudes. All this piano music. I'll put on Muzio Clementi next. Seeing his headstone at Westminister Abbey in London gave me quite a thrill. The ex-hubbymeister didn't much care for classical music, but loved Debussy for some reason.

I think tonight I will write up the character interviews for the three little boys in my screenplay. Once these interviews are finished, my next step will be to rewrite my outline. Once the outline is rewritten, I'll be able to start rewriting the second draft of my screenplay. I plan to start rewriting the screenplay on Sunday September 1.

I want to finish writing my screenplay by September 30. This means writing 3-4 pages a day for a 110 page screenplay, or about 28 pages or so a week. This may be a tight schedule for me. I wrote the first draft of the screenplay in five weeks, so this new schedule is considerably shorter. I'm thinking, that since this rewrite is the second draft, the writing should go faster than the original first draft. I'm following my screenwriting teacher's advice, and writing from scratch on the second draft instead of just revising the first draft. Her method makes sense for my screenplay, since I've changed major parts of the story. I've never done this second draft total rewrite method before, so it will be interesting to see what first draft scenes survive.

I'm tired today. All I really want to do is go to bed, listen to my classical music CDs and read. I think the burger, fries and onion rings have stolen all my energy. I wonder if my body has to work harder to process junk food, since I hardly ever eat it. When I used to be really good about my eating, and eating naturally and cleanly, eating frozen and canned foods used to send my system into shock. I'd feel so sick afterwards. I wonder if I'm having the same kind of reactions now, as I did back then. I don't eat that cleanly anymore, but I also don't eat that much junk food, so I may be having a reaction. It's scary to think that junk food makes my body feel this way. What's in the food anyway? I used to think that processed and junk foods were full of sulfites, and it was the sulfites that made me sick. I wonder if my sulfite theory is correct after all.

No comments: