Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, August 02, 2002

I rented Oceans 11 and High Fidelity this week. A friend of mind said that Oceans 11 was worth watching because it was boy eye candy. And it is eye candy if you're a Brad Pitt and George Clooney fan. Unfortunately, I'm not. I mean they're good looking and all and I wouldn't kick them out of bed, but they so do not get my pulses racings. The person I loved in Oceans 11 was Elliot Gould. God, the man is so funny. I think I still have a crush on him from his performance in MASH. The guy has definitely aged, but he's aging very, very well.

I liked High Fidelity, although parts of it was kind of boring. I think I need to read the book by Nick Hornsby to really appreciate this story. The two nerd boys working at the record shop just totally annoyed me. Especially Jack Black. Half way through the movie, I totally wanted to kick him to death. I guess he played the annoying music nerd very well for me to have that kind of reaction. The skinny guy, whoever he was, was annoying as well, but not as annoying as the skanky chubby guy.

The funny thing about High Fidelity was that John Cusak's character could actually have all those pretty women as girlfriends. I mean, yeah, like only in a Hollywood movie. His character did try to explain how he manages to get very pretty women by being a SNAG, sensitive new age guy, but he even admitted it was a total lie. God, I hate guys like him!!! I hate guys who pretend to be sensitive, which is 99.9% of all guys, and in reality really aren't. It's so bad!!! I'd rather know up front I'm dating an insensitive freak, so at least I'm prepared and there are no surprises.

Most women will tell you that the jerkiest guys they know are the ones they thought were nice and sensitive, and ended up treating them like shit anyway. Them boys are the worst, only beacause it's shocking. Better to date the non-sensitive types who are more honest about who they are instead of faking their personality to get chicks. I stay away from the sensitive types as a rule now, just for this very reason.

I knew that High Fidelity was originally set in London, so for me the american adaptation didn't quite work. American women just aren't like English women and anyway, two of the actresses, the actress playing John Cusak's girlfriend and Catherine Zeta-Jones had accents.

I liked the idea of the top five list, although I think alot of men use it as a line. I find it particularly suspect when a guy tells me after sex that I've made some top 5 list. Like I'm sure the guy says it to every woman after sex. I think there's the public top 5 list and then there's a a secret top five list that that only they and their guy friends know about. The public top five list is just a ruse to either impress chicks or convey some kind of false impression.

But does every guy have a lists of their top five whatever in their head? What a concept. Every once in awhile I think about what top 5 cds I would take if I got lost on a desert island, but my list keeps changing depending on my mood. Then I tell myself I wouldn't be so stupid as to get lost on a desert island, so making the stupid is futile.

No comments: