Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, August 02, 2002

I heard this song on NPR this morning. I love how NPR pimps CDs now. Frank Sinatra was singing this song from a 6-cd box set I think called "Sinatra at the Movies". The old guy had a great voice and okay, maybe the pimping does work or maybe because I'm in that "new class of people who listen to NPR", but I am seriously thinking of buying this box set.

*********************************
"Someone to Watch Over Me"
Writer(s): Gershwin/Gershwin

There's a saying old says that love is blind
Still we're often told, "Seek and ye shall find"
So I'm going to seek a certain lad I've had in mind
Looking everywhere, haven't found him yet

He's the big affair I cannot forget
Only man I ever think of with regret
I'd like to add his initial to my monogram
Tell me, where is the shepherd for this lost lamb?

There's a somebody I'm longing to see
I hope that he turns out to be
Someone who'll watch over me
I'm a little lamb who's lost in the wood
I know I could always be good
Someone who'll watch over me

Although he may not be the man some
girls think of as handsome
To my heart he carries the key
Won't you tell him please to put on some speed
Follow my lead, oh, how I need
Someone to watch over me
********************************

I would add to this song, make him a workaholic so I don't have to feel guilty about my own workaholic ways, make him love to watch football, baseball, basketball, tennis and hockey, well, all sports in general, make him smart and someone who knows how to write decently so I don't freak out when he sends me emails, make him someone who enjoys the outdoors but whose idea of camping is slow room service, make him tolerant of visits to art museums, ballet, opera, theatre, broadway shows, make him cute cute, clean, smell nice and not a sloppy dresser, make him love to travel, tolerates foreign movies but loves to go to movies in general, likes to read, doesn't have extreme political views that will freak me out, did not for Nader in the last election, pragmatic and fiscally conservative politically, idealists from either party need not apply, and please make him drive a car from the acceptable car list (either a bmw, vw, mercedes, saab or other european brand as first choice and japanese brand as second choice and please no suvs or american cars, although a jeep cherokee is borderline acceptable and definitely no trucks). A dog is a plus.


No comments: