Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, August 25, 2002

I think they're shooting that new ABC drama, MDs near my neighbourhood. On the way home from an even tonight, the police had some streets blocked off and I saw huge trucks loaded with camera equipment. The producer said in the paper, he sets alot of his stories in San Francisco because he went to SF State and did his residency here.

I live here, so my screenplay is set in San Francisco, and so is my novel. The short story I'm working on is set in Pacifica and Death Valley. I used to live in Pacifica and I've been to Death Valley. It's fun to set stories in place you've either lived or visited. One of my completed short stories is set in London and San Francisco, and another one is set in Dallas, Texas. I started a story set in West Virginia, while I was visiting there, and hope to finish it one day.

It's great that movies and shows are filmed here, but they do mess up traffic. When the Hulk was filming here a few months ago, they film production crew really messed up traffic. They never usually film in my neighbourhood, but the UC San Francisco Hospital building is here and that's probably where they're filming. I'm going to have to watch this TV show now, just to see my neighbourhood. My neighbourhood main street was in that Keannu Reeves movies, "Sweet November". There's a scene where Charlize Theron and the scottish guy are walking down the street, and you see a Java Beans sign in the background, that's my neighbourhood. Seeing that in the theatre was so cool, because I had no idea that they filmed a scene here. I saw it and said to my friend, oh my god, that's near my apartment. It was so cool!

No comments: