Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 14, 2002

I saw my friend Marilyn tonight and her husband Warren. They are such nice people. Marilyn wants me to attend this growth and development course in Florida in December. I would love to do it, but as always money is a big concern. The course itself is $3,000, and I'll also need money for airfare to Florida and for the hotel.

I know it would be such a great course to take and it feels like it's next step in my development but it's hard to think of spending that amount of money right now when the economy is so shaky. I have so many friends who are unemployed and who tell me the job market out here is really bad; there are just no jobs right now.

On the way home from West Virginia, I met a couple with two kids who also lived in San Francisco. They both worked for United Airlines and they told me that they were worried about their jobs and the state of the economy. I told them I thought our economy would recover, but it was going to take longer than what people expected. I think of that conversation I had with them now that United Airlines has said they might have to go into bankruptcy. I feel bad about that nice couple with their two darling children and thinking about them both out of work, especially here in San Francisco, which is the most expensive city in the country to live in.

Personally, I think United Airlines made that announcement so they would get the loan guarantees that they applied for from the government and I think they were right to take that strategy. Sure it's a scare tactic, but if United Airlines has massive layoffs because of bankruptcy then the country as a whole will be in a whole mess of trouble.

I know taking Marilyn's course would be good for me because I know I have alot of beliefs that are stopping me from getting what I want in life. Like take finding the man of my dreams. I have this thing where I don't want to be with someone who's more enlightened and aware than I am. This belief is so stupid. Screenwriting marina hottie boy is a prime example. The boy is beautiful and totally perfect or so I thought. I even thought he was my Krishna for awhile. But when I got to know him better, I was so wrong. The guy is kind of depressed alot and is really scattered and runs from one emergency to the next. Being with someone like him would be such a nightmare for me. He's way too unstable and wild. Plus, he's one of those types who says he'll do something and then never does it. That kind of behaviour would totally drive me insane and it's way to stressful I think, to live with someone who can't keep their promises on the littlest of things. I thought he was so much more developed and enlightened and it was so damned disappointing to find out he was kind of a loser, at least in my eyes.

I mean, probably to every other woman on the planet, this guy is the bomb. And I know he has no trouble getting women. But I can't be with a guy who's not happy with his life or himself. I'm basically a happy and sunny person, who gets things done, most of the time. It would kill me to partner up with some guy who was depressed and morose and couldn't get anything done to save his own life, let alone mine.

I think that if screenwriting marina hottie boy were more enlightened and aware, he wouldn't so damned depressed and flakey about everything. Maybe if I got rid of my belief that I don't want to be with someone who's more enlightened and aware than I am, then I might actually meet a happy and charming guy, who gets things done, who's stable and steady, is way fun to be with, is cuter than heck and does yoga.

No comments: