Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Wow, the commenting thing is so cool. Thanks to all who leave comments, because they're all so helpful.

So now I have a suggestion of how to add images to my bloggie, but now I'll have to figure what to add. I'm thinking the most fun thing to do is go through my own collection of photos and see if there's anything in there that would be fun to see on my blog. The first picture that comes to mind is the picture I took of wellies from London. I love my silly green shoes. I wish wearing Laura Ashley dresses with wellies was still fashionable, because I might just wear that look again. Okay, so I haven't worn any Laura Ashley in years because it's just not my style anymore, but it was a cute look.

Speaking of fashion tastes changing. I don't know if it's me or Nordstrom, but I so do not like their clothes anymore. I used to buy the majority of my clothes at Nordstrom. I couldn't walk into that store without spending a ton of money. But now it's a different story. When I was in Nordstrom on Monday and I left without buying anything. Nothing appealed to me. It's really sad, I think. I think I still wear the same kind of clothes I've worn when I used to buy all my clothes there. In fact, I pretty much wear the same type of clothes I wore in college, which I know is another issue altogether. What has happened to Nordstrom? Or is it me and I'm just growing old and not caring about my fashion sense anymore?

I try to keep up. I went on shoe shopping expedition last year to find comfortable shoes with two inch heels and ended up with two pairs of dress and two pairs of casual shoes. I can't wear shoes unless the heels are 1.5 inches and up. I seriously hate flat heeled shoes. They make me feel like I'm wearing old lady shoes and it freaks me out. And what about my trendy turqouise jewelry that I shopped all over the SF Bay Area for in July?

I don't wear up to the minute trendy wendy clothes; I never have. God, I finally broke down and bought a pair of cropped pants while I was in LA and I only bought them beacuse they were on sale for $18 and were in black linen and I've been wanting some new linen pants.

Maybe Nordstrom is too hip and trendy for me, like the Gap. Now there's another store I can't shop in anymore because I hate their clothes. And what's up with peasant clothes. Okay, I know the whole peasant look is in, but god it's so retro. I never liked the style when it in, whenever that was and I'm certainly not a fan of it now. Plus, most of the new clothes is made of polyester and I hate wearing polyester. Polyester traps smell and every time I wear a polyester piece of clothing, I feel like I'm wearing a stinky polyester bag on my butt. Yikes!!!

I'll have to figure the fashion thing out because it's bugging me and I'm a hankering to change my look. It's been awhile since I've updated my look, but it feel like it's about time to do it again. And my goal for a wardrobe update is "I want to look expensive and I want to look like a lady who lunches." I won't give up my baggier than baggy embroidered jean overalls that I bought for less than $20 at Target because well, that's my weekend slob around town look. But I think I need to look a little more coordinated, never mind that I've never looked coordinated in my life. I just want to look that way just to see what it's like.

No comments: