Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, August 10, 2002

Back from LA and I'm exhausted. I tried to post on Friday while in Lala land, but Blogger Pro does not support pocket explorer. Fortunately, they have a fix. Siince I can get into my regular email, I can post using email. I have to set it up first though. Blogging via email might actually be faster and more efficient than logging into the site, especially on my baby laptop.

So funny. While driving home over the Bay Bridge from the Oakland Airport, LA Woman by The Doors comes on the radio. I think I could easily live in LA. I used to hate LA because I always thought it was too big, too dirty and the traffic and the freeway sucked big time. Now San Francisco is just as worse with the congested freeways 24/7. The air isn't as bad as LA's because of the fog, but there are days when it gets close. SF will never be a big as LA simply because LA is just a bigger area, but if you count the whole bay area which is 9 counties, SF is just a tad smaller.

But if I live in LA, I would definitely have to totally lose weight. Everyone there seems small framed and rake thin. Fashion wise I didn't do too bad. LA people seem to dress up a little more than people here in SF. They're not as dressy as east coast/NYC people, but definitely slobness does not reign in LA like it does here. With my clam diggers and silk and rayon hawaiian shirts, I looked okay.

I wonder if I totally looked like a tourist though. Everyone in LA was so friendly, especially the people in the musuems. The audio guy at the MOCA said my brand spanking new coach messenger bag was very fashionable and all the guards at the Geffen Contemporary kept asking me if I had any questions and the guard at the door asked me if I enjoyed the exhibit. I've never known LA people to be so friendly.

The girls in back of me in the long line at the MOCA on Saturday said Kathy Bates of Misery fame was in the line in front of us. The line was so long that she marched her butt up to the front, presumably to get star treatment. She never came back so maybe they let her get in ahead because she's a movie star. That's the thing about LA. There could a stars where ever you go, but if you don't notice, you totally miss them. I thought for sure there was a Don Henley lookalike in front of me in the MOCA line. And I swear to god some woman who looked like Melanie Griffith was there waiting to get her car from valet parking. But who knows?

I saw Robin Williams once here in SF at a movie theatre a long time ago with his wife and kids and the only reason I noticed him was because some people stopped him and asked if he was Robin Williams and he said he was. I totally wouldn't have recognized him unless he was pointed out to me. Robin and the family were going to see the Spice Girls movie.

More about LA later. I'm just glad to be home.

No comments: