Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, August 31, 2002

I saw XXX tonight. First of all, my friend Mel was right. Triple Ex is a chick flick. Come to think of it, Black Hawk Down was a total chick flick too. Vin Diesel is damned handsome! I think if I saw this guy walking down the street, he'd probably scare me half to death and I'd cross the street to get away from him. In a movie however, Diesel is so yummy looking. I saw the previews for Triple Ex when I went to see Spiderman. The teenybop girls and I were oohing and awing over Diesel's bald head and tatoos. The movie did not disappoint.

Despite what the reviews said, I thought the movie rocked. The action scenes were fantastic. The special effects were incredible. I got an adrenaline rush just watching the movie, which lasted for hours afterward. The head banging metal music was also just great. All action and special effects movie should have a headbanging metal soundtrack. Take the action, special effects, the adrenaline rush, the fantastic music, and stick a drop dead gorgeous only in the movies guy and you have the makings of total chick flick!

I can't get over my reaction to Diesel, because he's really not very good looking. He exudes this total animal attraction and charisma that totally reached out to me from the screen. My reaction to him is similar to my reaction to Prince. I don't think Prince is cute at all, but when I see him, he just looks like the most sexiest guy on earth.

Part of Triple Ex's attraction has to be those tatoos. I've never dated a man with tatoos, and probably never will either, but that doesn't mean I don't find men with tatoos totally attractive. I am definitely buyng the XXX DVD when it comes out.

I wonder if moviemakers know that some women love movies with beautiful men, and that critics are so wrong when they say Divine Secrets of YaYa Sisterhood is a chick flick. YaYa is not a chick flick. Triple Ex is a chick flick. What woman wants to see other women on screen, when they can see pretty boys. It's a no brainer!

Other total chick flicks are:

The Lord of the Rings - just for Legolas alone, but it's also full of pretty boys of all varieties including Sam.
Black Hawk Down - a movie with young and pretty military boys, come on, if this isn't a girl's movie, I don't know what is.
Any Keannu Reeves movie - because IMHO, he is the ultimate studmuffin!
Top Gun - again, young and pretty military boys, and a must watch over and over again beach volleyball scene.
Any Tom Cruise movie - since he's quite a dish as well.
I'll add Nicholas Cage, John Travolta movies to the list as well, because well, despite their less than perfect looks, these guys are really good looking.
Any Russel Crow movie - great actor, and wild and good looking in that untamable Aussie way
Brad Pitt and George Clooney movies are not chick flick movies, at least for me. Can't say the same for other women.
Any Ewan McGregor movie - another great actor who does a variety of roles, loved him in Little Voice and as Obi-Wan Kenobi, and he's got a very boyish pretty face.

I'm sure there are more movies to add to the total chick flick list, but I can't think of any right now.

I never saw The Fast and Furious, but I think Vin Diesel is in it. I'm sure the movie will make my chick flick list because Diesel is in it, but I'll reserve judgment till I see the movie for myself.

I'm still reeling over how good looking Vin Diesel was in the movie. Talk about total animal attraction for a movie star! Scary!!! Maybe the movie makers had subliminal messages placed on Diesel's body, which said things like SEXY, HOT, STUDMUFFIN, YUMMY, HUNK, etc. Nothing else explains my reaction, or that of my friends as well.

No comments: