Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 28, 2002

I’m reading Sin and Syntax by Constance Hale. From looking at my own writing process, I need to take these steps to write a good short story, novel, or screenplay.

Story Idea
Outline of plot from beginning to end
Character biographies and interviews
First Draft
Second Draft – clean up story line and characters
Third Draft – clean up grammar
Fourth Draft – clean up sentences
There could be several drafts in between first four and final draft
Final Draft – final check

Easier for me – story idea, outline
Easier for me – character biographies and interviews
A little easier for me – First and second draft
The hardest part – Third to Final draft.

My process is probably opposite to how every other writer works. I should have known. I do everything backwards. Why did I expect my writing process to be any different?

No comments: