Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, August 29, 2002

My horoscope for the week from a favorite astrology website. It sounds like good things are supposed to be happening to me. I hope so. I was little down yesterday when I started thinking about my writing. I think writing is my life purpose. I was even told by that spiritual medical intuitive, who I was seeing for health problems, that writing is my life purpose. But I don't know. Some aspects of writing are so easy for. Other aspects like grammar are hard, difficult, horrific, an assault on my psyche sometimes, only because I feel that I have zero ability in grammar. Okay, I know that's not completely true. I think I write in complete sentences most of the times. But God, the gap between where I am, and where I think I need to be seems gigundous! Gigundous, such a strange word isn't it? I have a website linked at home that's called gigundous.

Stephen King said, in his book on writing, that the level of writing is like a pyramid. There are few people at the top, like James Joyce and Aldous Huxley, then there are few people at the bottom, like maybe genre writers like Danielle Steele, and then everybody else is is the middle. The big middle.

I definitely know at this point, I'm not at the top of the pyramid. I'm not trying to invent a new way of writing. I'm not trying to push the limits of language, tradition and convention. I don't even has aspirations to be a scholarly writer, or write what a friend of mine would call, "high brow" books.

I guess my dilemma is I don't know if I'm even I make the bottom part of the pyramid. God, I wouldn't mind writing books like Danielle Steele. Her books are great for reading at the beach and on the trips. It's all too depressing to think about right now.

I think I'm at the point in any process, where you don't see any progress happening. You know progress is happening, but you don't see it. Instead, the only thing you're aware of is the gap between where you are and where you would like to be.

I have to remember that just because I don't see any progress, it doesn't mean that I'm not moving forward. That a day will come when I'll feel like I took a huge leap forward, that I just skipped a bunch of steps, that I made evolutionary progress. But the truth is I didn't skip steps and I didn't make evolutionary progress. My progress was slow and steady; I just wasn't aware of it most of the time. I hope I'm at this point that progress is happening, and that I'm not just now aware of it.

AQUARIUS
August 29-September 4
© 2002 Linda Rankin

Forecast
With Mars making a sign change to get this week rolling expect to find new outlets for your ambitions, new ways to act out your ideals and a more compelling focus on passion to greet you, Aquarius. In that ever-wonderous way the universe works this steady, diligent, decidedly intellectual new tone Mars wears suits your own desires and passions perfectly. Think about it....think some more...than do it.

Consider where a life dream has changed. Consider how you have changed. Consider how the outer components of your world have changed and where necessary rewrite those dreams. An adjustment may be called for and is worth any effort you put into reworking ideals that need reworking. A passionate focus on your truth grows in intensity as the days go along. Ask yourself...how clearly you are living your truths.

Falling in love or like or lust. Finding a fascinating new possibility or person or idea to become enchanted with are all possible as Venus trines your own ruling planet...Uranus later in the week. Unusually objectives might lead to changing plans. A new friendship could be born in your world. A new mission could surface. Keep your eyes open...and stay flexible.

No comments: