Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, August 04, 2002

I went to the Michael Sweerts exhibit at the Legion of Honor on Saturday. I don't really care for flemish style of painting with so much of it being dark and flat, but Sweerts was brilliant at painting cloth. His portraits, which I think were revolutionary for the time, were painted with so much feeling and expression, like photographs. His portraits didn't just stare at your front and center, doing all dour, probably because they had to stand stock still for hours on end. Instead, his subjects were in action, looking off to the side, anywhere but staring straight at you. One guy was even getting dressed, the kind of scene nobody else was painting at the time.

The exhibit was small, but that because he's only recently been discovered as a great artist. Perhaps in the future, more of his paintings will show up and a museum will be able to mount a large exhibit.

I love going to museums and people watching. I'm alway amazed at the types of people who actually go the museums. You see the whole range from art experts to the people who are there because they think looking at pictures in a museum is a good thing. I suppose everyone has their reasons for going. I think I go because I like looking at art, having studied some of it but definitel not enough of it to be an expert, and I also love marvelling at artists who draw well.

I've tried to do the art thing by taking art and drawing classes, but I just ended up frustrated at my rather limited drawing ability. The best I ever did is I drew a coffee pot in charcoal that to me, actually looked like a coffee pot. I never got light and shading and I definitely still can't figure out perspective very well. So I envy people who have the gift for drawing and I love marvelling at their skills. Looking at art, great art is like reading a great book, because there is so much pleasure in seeing a master, a genius at work.

I feel the same way about people who can dance well and play instruments. Having tried to do both dance and playing an instrument and failing miserably on my own, I have nothing but great admiration for people who excel in these skills.

I also went to my holistic healer chiropractor who told me my life force was at 93-94% but that I still had some fungal infection in my stomach and kidney. I asked him what he meant and he said there probably fungal growing in those organs. Like how gross is that!!! He said there were no new infestations, but he needed to strengthen my stomach and pancreas to kill off the fungal eggs and larvae. Apparently, when he was working on me before, he didn't want to treat my stomach until I had gotten rid of most of my fungal and parasites, because my system was already in overload. But now that I was practically fungal and parasite free, he could strengthen the organs that he didn't heal completely.

I was happy that no new infestations were being hatched in my body, but when he mentioned the eggs and larvae hanging out in my stomach and pancreas, I freaked out. Just the image of what he said put me on edge. Who wants to go through the rest of the weekend thinking that your heart and pancreas are jam packed fully of fungal eggs and larvae?

Thank god he healed me!!! He also said that instead of the ADD that I had as a child, I had a different sort of brain dysfunction. He told me that the connection between my right and left brain was weak and what this meant was I was fine if I was given a project to work on, but wasn't very good at switching gears and being interrupted. This is so true. It's very stressful for me to being in a situation where I all of sudden have to switch gears and be creative.

Like say I was working on a project and then all of sudden, I find out that something has come up that has to be changed on the project. The stressful part comes in when I have to figure out a new thing, a new change for the project and then going back later and incorporating the new thing in my existing project.

I've had these type of experiences at other jobs before and I've hated them. I hate adding to something at the last minute when I'm on a deadline. I get sloppy and I make mistakes and I freak out because it' s hard and I know I just cannot work under that kind of pressure. I know some people thrive on being able to turn something around that quickly and easily, but I don't. It's just all one big stressing event for me. It's like trying to figure out left from right, which is a way stressful event for me. I have to really think about it sometimes and I hate that I just can't automatically figure it right out.

So, I'm glad about not having the ADD and I'm also glad that in a few months, he said he'll be able to fix this weak connection of mind between my right and left brain. I wanted him to do it but he said I need to get rid of my fungal eggs and parasite before he fixed my brain synapses misfiring. I was glad at least, that he said he could fix it. Not that I'm in a job that has last minute deadline pressures, but I don't think I need my brain synpases misfiring. That so doesn't sound so good.

My healer said the brain glitch happened from some mental trauma and scarring I had as a child. Was it all those horrible experiences I had in first grade of not being able to put together puzzles? Now that's an experience that will scar any child for life that's for sure. I wish I knew.

What's ironic is that now I'm very good at problem solving in my adult life. It's what I think I do best at work, solve problems. Someone hands me an outcome and then I figure out how tot get to that outcome. I even like the challenge of figuring out puzzles and problems because it's so satisfying to figure sometihing out. Will I still get the same thrill if my healer guy fixes my misfiring brain synpases? I hope so. Problem solving is the only thing that keeps my rather dull and boring job interesting.

No comments: