Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, August 30, 2002

Here's my impressions on the MTV 2002 Music Video awards.

I loved Jimmy's Fallon's opening. He did a great impression of Enrique Inglesias and Dave Matthews. Enrique was with some girl, who I thought looked really familiar. That girl turned out ot be Anna Kournikova. She looked like your typical trashy rock star girlfriend. Didn't she just lose a match at the US Open, and get booed of the court? I guess she's finding solace in Enrique's arms. He really is quite dishy!

Bad trashy outfits

Gwen Stefani. What was up with that white undershirt and poufy leather black studded skirt? What about that rastafarian (yellow, red and green) wrist band she was wearing? What's up with that? Was she pledging her allegiance to the reggae/ska flag by wearing it, or was she wearing it on a whim?

Britney Spears - yikes! She's so scary, but I'm sure some people, especially men, loved that teenybopper dominatrix look.

Christina Aguillera - She is really thin, and rackless to boot. She's the kind of chick you see on the street who is wearing a skimpy top, and you think to yourself, "what's the point? there's nothing to show." No hips either. Was that the way she really talks or was she trying to sound ghetto? I liked her salute to the 60's with that silly cap she had on. Poor woman really needs a stylist, or if she has one, fire that person immediately!

Michelle Branch - Okay, I know the 60's looks are really trendy, but honestly that dress looked like a rug or something. A really bad looking rug. I don't think anyone would buy it for their home, if it was a rug.

The highlight of the show definitely had to be Guns-n-Roses! God, they rocked! They really showed the Hives, The White Stripes and The Vines what rock and roll really means. I am definitely buying the new Guns-n-Roses cd when it comes out. Axel Rose looked a little road weary, but hey the guy is old. He's still quite the looker though, and I loved his dreads.

The P. Diddy number was definitely over the top. I didn't know P Diddy could dance; that was a revelation. Michael Jackson looked like he was dressed as a hockey goalie, but for what kind of hockey game is unclear. What happened to his face? He was so cute as a kid! What was up with Lisa Marie Presley's voice? Is that the way she really sounds? It was so throaty and ghetto. Maybe talking like you grew up in the ghetto, even though you so did not, is the fad now?

I loved Pink. Was she really drunk? Probably. She totally looks like a party girl. Okay, her outfit was totally trashy too, but that's the way she was dressed in her last video so I wasn't quite so shocked. What was up with J Lo's hair? Perhaps she was showing her Bronx roots by that do?

Avril Lavigne is only 17 years old, and looked and dressed like it. What a trip to be that young and to have her fame? I hope she doesn't end up drugged out because of it, and we end up watching her sad life story on Behind the Music.

I loved Ja Rule. He has the sexiest voice! And the reviews are true. Justin Timberlake looked like he was doing a Michael Jackson interpretation. Bruce Springstein was fabulous, but then he always is. It was great to see him opening the show with that 9/11 song. Shakira's performance was great too, although it felt like she jumping on the garage band sound with her song.

What's up with all the mumbling? The Hives, The Vines and Sheryl Crow mumbled through their song. Was it my TV, MTV sound, or were they really mumbling. It was so annoying!

Eminem, what can I say? He can definitely rap, and his tally of VMA trophies says alot, despite what his critics have to say.

No comments: