Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, August 08, 2002

I've been thinking about food and being in a relationship. I have seriously strange eating habits.

1. If I do eat, I don't eat very much and I like to eat simply. I rarely ever eat a salad, a main dish, bread and a desert in the same meal. I like to have one small main dish and eat it.
2. I binge eat. Right now I'm in a sushi mode, so I eat sushi two to three times a week, sometimes every day. Then I'll get tired of whatever I'm binging on and not eat it for a long time.
3. I've been an off and on vegeterian since I was 18 and tend to eat this way out of habit.
4. Since I've been a vegeterian for a long time, I'm not very good at cooking meat. In fact, I remember that just smelling raw meat used to make me so nauseous. I'll cook chicken and small pieces of meat, but never huge chunks of it like steak or london broil. And if I do meat, it has to be thorougly cooked. The bloody stuff freaks me out. I do eat fish however all the time.
5. I eat a steak maybe every 5 years or so.
6. I really prefer to eat on the weekdays, but I'll cook on the weekends and Friday. If I do cook during the week, dinner won't be ready till 8 pm.
7. I don't really like drinking wine at dinner and if I do, it's just one glass and definitely not every day. Same thing goes for all alcoholic drinks. I'll drink wine when I go out to eat and drink more than one glass but only for special occassions and at parties or get togethers.
8. Sometimes I just eat salads for days on end.
9. I think I'm lactose intolerant, so I only drink soy milk and I try to stay away from cheese.
10. There are foods I hardly ever eat or don't ever eat like eggs, lamb, etc.
11. I have an obsession with eggplant and binge eat it all the time.
12. I usually just eat fruit for breakfast.
13. I'm trying to eat kosher so I have list of food exclusions and foods that I can't eat together like meat and cheese.
14. I rarely drink soda and only drink german or italian mineral water (they're cheaper at$0.89 a bottle) with a slice of lemon.
15. I only drink filtered water.
16. When I'm on vacation, I tend to throw out all my food rules out the window so I can enjoy the native cuisine. Since I'm on vacation, I'll also drink like a fish.
17. I'll also throw out all my food and drinking rules when I go to parties or get together with friends for restauarant dinnder especially if it's a once in a while thing, like twice a month, but definitely not once a week or two days in a row. I'll eat bad foods and drink like a fish.
18. After events or vacation days where I don't follow my eating and drinking rules, I will need to cleanse and will follow various cleansning routines from a day to a week, depending the amount of partying I did.
19. I'm into fasting, so I fast at least once a month for health reasons. My fasting lasts three days and consists of 1 day of no food, just water and tea, two days of just fruits or fruits and veggies, raw and juiced only. And I do cheat sometimes.
20. I'm trying to get rid of my caffiene addiction slowly, so I mix caf and decaf beans togther in equal proportions.

I'm sure I have more weird stuff about food but hey, 20 items is pretty good for a first time list, isn't it?

No comments: