Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 28, 2002

Most writers are slaves to words, grammar and sentences. I’m not. I’m a slave to storytelling, plot line and characters. And let’s face it, most people do not speak or think in writerly prose. I despise stories that are written well, but have underdeveloped characters, don’t tell a good story, and have a bad plot line. I have to figure out a way to merge the two ways of writing, since both are essential for great stories.

Writing Gifts I may have:
Downloading a character or characters telling a story
Organizing the downloaded information into a plot line
Being able to see through to the end of the story and what needs to happen to get there

Writing Gifts I totally know I don’t have:
Words – vocabulary
Sentences and Structure
Grammar

No comments: