Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 19, 2002

I'm tired today. I went to bed at 1 am on Sunday, and woke up still tired this morning. I do this every week. By Sunday night, I'm so wound up from the weekend, that going to bed on a time is next to impossible. There has to be a way to control this very bad habit of mine.

I have a ton of work to do today too, so being tired is really not a good idea. What to do?

I'm still bummed at myself for the book/magazine buying bing I went on this Saturday. I had convinced myself on Friday that I couldn't afford to go see The Pirates of Penzance show on Saturday afternoon. After all, I'd spend way too money this month on my trip to LA. So what do I do? While in Borders at Union Square as I was looking for a specific diet book, I decided to check out the magazine section. This was not a good thing. I found four magazines, three on screenwriting and one on writing, that I absolutely had to have. Then I saw James Redfield's new book, which I hadn't read yet. Of course, I absolutely had to buy his book as well. So my spending free Saturday turned into a $81 buying binge.

If I'd gone to see Pirates, the ticket would have cost $30. I love my rationale for why I do things, don't you?

Honestly, I'm not even sure I needed all those magazines, but I just didn't want to spend the time reading them in the magazine section. Screenwriting magazines are not cheap either, costing about $7 per issue.

Part of me wanted to not buy the Redfield book new, because I know I could get a used copy for cheaper on Half.com. I told myself however, I'd always bought Redfield's books new. It's like a tradition with me. I get so much out of Redfield's books. Whenever I read his books, I freak out because he writes exactly how I've been thinking about issues. No other author has this effect on me. I don't mind paying full price for his book, but the price tag shocked me. I've been buying all my books at half.com in the last year, and I'd forgotten that $25 is the standard price for a hard back book.

Oh well. I'm sure there's some divine reason why I paid full price for a James Redfield book. At least, I hope there is.

No comments: