Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 14, 2002

I'm listening to an interview with Dennis McNally, who wrote a history of The Grateful Dead. He said Senator Patrick Leahy from Vermont is a deadhead and so is Bill Walton.

I like The Dead, but I'm not a deadhead. I like their music and I've been to their concerts, but that's about it. I liked their concerts because it was so entertaining from the village scene outside, to all people on drugs, to the oldsters sitting and just watching it all, the families with all of their kids, and who can forget the veggie black bean burritos and giant chocolate chiop cookies that they used to sell after the concerts. Plus I did really like the music and dancing to it too.

The girls at dead concerts were so pretty and young. Too bad the majority of the men were just scruffy, not very attractive and just looking like they were way too wasted. It was laughable really, all those beautiful young nubile chicks and all those really old looking scruffy men. I gave up finding the man of my dreams at a Dead concert a long time ago and just went to be with friends and enjoy the music. I wonder what all those Deadheads are doing now for their music fix.

A band made of the rest of the Dead plus other people are touring now. They call themselves "The Other Ones". I'm sure it would be fun to go, but when I went to a concert with the rest of the Dead and Bruce Hornsby, it just wasn't the same without Jerry.

No comments: