Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 14, 2002

This is interesting. The senior vice president of business development and network operations for my company left me a message asking to meet with me when flies out here the week of August 26. I've only ever talked to to this guy on the phone, since he works out of our Pittsburgh office. I wonder what he wants. He said our president, whom my boss says is a tight-fisted freak, wants him to discuss the client projects that I've been working on. Great. What does this mean for my job?

It's all my boss' fault. Since he and his wife had another baby, he decided to only work part-time because his wife makes more than him when she works full-time and she wanted to go back to working full-time. So now I'm reporting directly to the CIO, which is okay since we have a good relationship, but what does it mean for my job. I hate changes at work. Whenever there's a change, it's like the suits take it as green light to make changes in the organization. I hate that.

I've been so comfortable here at this job and the job market is so bad out here now. Honestly I don't think my job will change that much. My projects are in demand by our clients, so they can't get rid of me. But they can make my work life less comfortable, and that's what I'm afraid of.

I guess change at work is inevitable. I've stayed longer at this job than I've stayed at any job since 1997, which I thought was a good thing, but maybe not. Maybe I've gotten too comfortable and I'm now afraid of change. When I was changing job every 18 months, I wasn't afraid of change, I was used to it. I've definitely gotten too comfortable here.

No comments: