Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, August 15, 2002

Seven Ways to I Avoid Commas with Apparently Great Skill
It’s nice to know after all these years, that I do something with great skill. Read on, so you too can acquire this lovely and wonderful skill.

1. I think my blog is my own private journal and nobody else reads it.
2. I’m a lazy writer and never read over anything I’ve written very carefully.
3. I try to write the way I speak.
4. I spent some of my youth in Southern California, where talking takes the form of one long run on sentence with no pauses.
5, “Like commas. Like oh my god, that’s like so grammatical! Like barf me with a spoon!”
6. I burnt out those brain cells that stored all my grammar memories, by drinking too much and taking too many drugs in my youth. Or if I didn’t destroy them, they’re definitely misfiled because I can’t access them anymore.
7. Part of thinks I’m a genius like ee cummings, and I’m inventing a new form of writing.

No comments: